1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What websites for weather?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bobwitheclc, Jan 3, 2005.

1. bobwitheclc

bobwitheclc Junior Member

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Those are about the 2 best ones to watch.
    The Weather channel's local on the 8's is the national weather services forecast word for word. AOL's forecast too.
    I watch the radar local,region and the fronts, they give you alot of info.

3. Paulie

Paulie Junior Member

4. Runner

Runner Senior Member

www.weather.com (the weather channel) has an excellent Doppler radar that shows you a great deal of what's going to happen. It is updated about every 20 minutes, and shows a 1 hour movement. I also like the NOAA site because they have predicted accumulations.

5. Mark F

Mark F Senior Member

6. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

7. roket77

roket77 Junior Member

Cell phone weather radar

I have alltel and they have a few programs that display radar on the phone where you can zoom in/out and put it in motion. I find this very helpful while plowing. Well worth the couple bucks a month

8. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

I have this site on my favorites http://www.theweathernetwork.com/ not sure how it is for the states. They say they have forecasts for all American and Canadian cities. I tend to watch the radar maps more then the forecast. Locally I can watch a hottie give me the weather for breakfast lunch and supper. Hearing no snow is easier coming from a blond woman then some old balding man. :nod:

9. snooker

snooker Member
    from Zone 7

I like to use several weather websites, but mainly I use Intellicast, NOAA, and this one from IGES ( http://grads.iges.org/pix/wx.html ). If you select the Northern Hemisphere Animation ( http://grads.iges.org/pix/movie.html ), you get to see a 4 week animation of high and low pressure systems as they move about the northern half of the globe. The first two weeks of the animation are actual data, but the second two weeks are forecasted. Once you learn how to read this map, it’s pretty useful for a glimpse of the weather two weeks out.

10. mole

mole Senior Member

the best way I have found out is to look out the window. It's better then the weather guy's.

11. Landscape89

Landscape89 Junior Member

12. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

Ditto on the weather bug. Easyest one I've used. They have many local cams too plus weather staions at many local schools instead of the major air ports.