1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What weather web site do you use?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by andcon83, Dec 6, 2010.

1. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

Just wondering who everyone trusts for their weather forcast. I'm a fan of noaa.gov. They always have a very well detailed forecast, and are frequently updated.

2. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

They all suck if you ask me. One will 1-6" while another say less than a 1/2". Guess thats why they call it a PREDICTION and not an ACTUAL. I just look at radars and make own conclusions.

3. SSS Inc.

SSS Inc. PlowSite Fanatic

Accuweather.com has a lot of good details on snow amounts. If you dig deep enough they will show snow amounts 10 days in advance based on the current computer models. No ranges like 3-6" they will say 4.9" for example.

4. ERWbuilders

ERWbuilders Senior Member

i use Wunderground.com and forecast.weather.gov both are more accurate than most but x2 on 496

5. nliput

nliput Member

noaa/accuweather

6. wirthsnow

wirthsnow Junior Member

Apple weather apps

Which weather app. works the best for the money, any ideas?

7. ERWbuilders

accuweather...its free

8. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

weather underground. its pretty much spot on...or atleast closer then any other.

9. ERWbuilders

yea it takes a little bit to get used to the maps. The key for snow fall is the bar pressure. Measure it where your at when it starts snowing usually it starts snowing within 3 psi depending on humidity

10. havenprosnow

havenprosnow Member

Please give this to me in plain english. How relevent is water temp to possibility of snow fall off of east coast?