1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What we have to work on in the winter

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bh115577, Dec 4, 2009.

1. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

This is most of our heavy pushers and our small sidewalk fleet.
    Cat 950 18' pusher
    Cat IT38 16' pusher
    JD 410E 12' pusher
    NH W50 12' pusher
    NH W80 12' pusher
    LX 985 72" Hi Flo Blower
    LS 185 12' pusher
    Ventrac 4200 Turbo Diesel Tractors
    52" Snow Blowers
    54" Power Brooms

snow removal equipment 001.jpg

snow removal equipment 002.jpg

snow removal equipment 003.jpg

2. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

The loader makes the bobcat look like a toy. That's a nice fleet.

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

STAY OFF THE GRASS.:D Nice fleet, I assume the lot is 20X's the size of the lot in the pic to need that much equipment. With about 15 miles of sidewalk

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  4. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

Nice equipment, good luck this season.

5. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

We have many lots spread out over the resort and all of our roads to take care of. Not sure how much sidewalk there is but it is a lot. We try for bare pavement and sidewalks to keep the slip and falls down so something is always going on for us.

6. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Thats an awesome fleet! How are you involved? Operator? Manager?

7. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

I'm the equipment manager for the resort golf and grounds department. They break it, we fix it. We have 5 golf courses and many acres of grounds here and between myself and my 6 mechanics we are responsible for keeping all the equipment running. We only operate the equipment if somebody doesn't show up.

8. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Nice fleet!!

9. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Only if someone doesn't show up...dang, I would want to run that stuff every storm! If I was in your shoes I'm sure I would go to prison for kidnapping. Grab one of the equipment operators while he's walking into work and lock him up. :laughing: "Uh oh, looks like one of the guys didn't show up for work today, I guess I better get plowing!" :laughing:

10. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

Just got the totals from the grounds department. We've got:
    37 acres of lots
    7 miles of roads
    2 miles of sidewalks

11. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

do you a spiecal rubbers on the greens ?????

do u use the sand from the traps?? Then in the spring use the sweeper to sweep it back in??

sorry for being a smart a** ....thats nice looking fleet

seven-hills-008.jpg

snow%20golf.jpg

12. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice fleet. Good luck with all you equipment this winter.

13. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

What Bob Cat? I only see 2 New Holland skid steers.

14. pushinpaul

pushinpaul Member

Nice Fleet. I commend companies with large lots (25+ acres) who do their own snow removal and grounds care (this is because we are one too). Are your lots all pretty flat? The widest pusher we use is a 16 footer because we have a lot of drainage "swales". Again - Nice fleet.

15. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

Yes, most of our lots are fairly flat.

16. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I can only imagine how busy you are! I spent some time on a private golf course grounds crew. I can honestly say I broke a lot of tools lol

17. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Very nice - how do you like the ventracs? We just picked up two 4200's with brushes and blowers - they seem to work fairly well.

I'm originally from Rome, so I've been there a few times!

- Dan

18. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Very nice fleet, I would have a ball playin at your work :)

19. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

What kind of hours do you work during the winter?? Nice fleet!!! Any pics of the trucks?
    Thanks

20. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

Dan85
    The ventracs are the hardest working machines we have. They mow during the growing season and when the snow starts they can run 22 or 23 hours straight. We have 50 full time operators split up on 3 shifts and if the snow falls at the right (or wrong) times those machines will only get turned off to refuel. Not too many problems with them but we stock a lot of parts that get damaged from use.

chcav1218,
    We are very busy to say the least. We have a PGA tournament to deal with during the golf season as well as many other smaller tournaments. In the winter we have to keep the snow fleet running and try to get all of the mowers rebuilt and ready for the next year. Never a dull moment.