1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What up with Curtis?

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Hedgehog, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

Yesterday I tried going on there website but it does even show you plow specs. anymore. Today I tried calling the Curtis Factory store but the number is disconnected and then I called one of there local dealers and they informed me that they didn't think they'll be carrying Curtis anymore. Anybody know whats going on? I was just getting ready to buy a 7'6" poly plow for my Tacoma from them.

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Did they ever have their plow specs online?

I just tried their phone number and it worked.

3. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

The number that was disconnected was (508) 363-1464. Thats the number to there factory store. As far as website, it links you over to Meyers distributing which has all kinds of things for sale like scooters, etc. The reason I was going to go with Curtis is because there factory store is 50 miles from me. If I'm going to have to buy stuff through a distributor many miles away when the product is made in my backyard, I'll have to pass.

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

there into to many things I had there plow for like 3 years and I had qiestions and dealers hardley new anything so I sold and bought a western they just do plows and spreaders and you can parts in Napa in a worst case

5. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

i wish i bought something else. this plow ruined my trucks electrical system big time...had to spend a lot of money to fix it.. It is always cleaned after every use and its still rusting away and the paint is peeling off of everywhere. What i spent on computers and wiring for my truck and the fact im gonna have to repaint it...i could of bought a stainless v plow or something. David is the only guy with a head on his shoulders at that company

6. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I love my Curtis and it works great and its awesome quality. Messing up your trucks wiring sounds like a poor istallation, not the plow.

7. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

negative it was the design. if it was installation curtis wouldnt of paid for my 3rd front control module.

8. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

how can that be? i just installed the harness on my 02 f-150 and it installs just like a western or any other plow.
    as far as the paint,my dealer told me certain years had peeling issues,but curtis replaced the moldboard under warr.

9. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

I found out today that Curtis is still alive and well. I guess they had telephone troubles on monday.

10. rancherman84

yup,i called today and got a price on the cover for my new plow.

11. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

it just can be lol. it has to do with dodges. not fords. I dealt with curits for months on the issue and in the end faxed them my wiring diagram after i rewired thier harness.

12. oz198

oz198 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Just curious, What did they quote you for a price on that cover?

13. rancherman84

$209 and change if i remember correctly

14. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Senior Member

I ended up picking up a Curtis Homepro 3000, 7'6" from Woodward's spring in New Bedford, MA if anyone is interested. They were great to deal with and only 5 miles from my house.

15. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

Being very local to Curtis' operations, I have heard several rumours:

About 1+ years ago, I heard they sold the Manufacturing operation to some venture capalist> Father Curtis made sure some of his his family members recieved employment with the new firm and some ended up with the Factory store which is independant from the Curtis manufacturing organization. I have also heard they drastically reduced their workforce with several key employees on the outside looking in. The Factory store doesn't even have a plow in the extensive show roow, parts inventory has been picked clean, thought I saw a tumble weed blowing through the lot as I recently drove by.

With all that being said , Curtis manufacturing has sone sattelite warehouses and storage lots in various locations in the city, one location had moldboards stacked to the sky, trucks coming and going looks very busy?

I have heard similiar stories in the past about other manufacturers who were bought out by a Venture Capitol grooup... HMMMMMMM. DD sounds familiar?

16. rancherman84

the curtis store told me on the phone they just got a large shipment in,in fact he was diggin through boxes when i called.

17. cvalcik

cvalcik Junior Member

What did you have to do with their harness? I've got a 01 dadge and have had nothing but problems with the wiring harness and headlights.

18. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

i had to completely rewire everything and isolate it from the vehicles system

19. VEGGIEPLOW

VEGGIEPLOW Member

recently i had to contact curtis for a new wire harness for my psd. i was told by one of the guys in the parts dept that they have started to let meyer distb sell and do most of there shipping. i would expect a takeover sometime in the near future, if so, i would hope meyer would still make and carry curtis snowlows as the do have a sense of "cult like" following.......

20. rancherman84

VEGGIEPLOW SWEET AVITAR! IH FOREEVER! dad now has my old f-250 with the 7.3 IDI,has 250,000 plus on it now,western 8 foot mvp plow on the front.
    i really like this new curtis,hope they continue to be in the picture