1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What undercarriage for an 05 1500 SLT

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Bunky1, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Bunky1

Bunky1 Member

I have an 05' 1500 SLT w/ short box and 4.7 liter. The Boss site sez to use these undercarriages. LTA05435 or LTA04874B. The first is listed for the Sport model and the later for the Standard. I want to put the 7'6" Standard duty on this truck but not sure what mount is needed. The plow is a RT3. Both undercarriages look the same but are about $100 difference in price. I am only planning on using this for light residential. I know that BOSS does not recommend using this plow because it is heavy but as I have read here most guys are using this size plows on their Dodge Trucks. What is the differenence between these 2 undercarriages. Any info will be helpful. Thanks Ed

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Based on what you are saying, having the SLT package would mean that you don't have the sport package on your Ram. I'd say the LTA04874B is what you need.

3. Bunky1

Bunky1 Member

Yeah that is what I figure. But, what is the difference?? Is the sport the same mount but lighter in strength or is the Sport a totally different hookup to the frame. I thought that the frames were the same on both the Sport and SLT models. I have in front of me a parts detail picture and if you match them up and shine a light behind the papers they look exactly the same when they overlap. Any thoughts on this issue. Thanks Ed

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

One hangs lower to clear the front fascia. Not a lot of guys over plow with 1500 dodge rams. You will need at least timbrens on the front end and 400/600 pounds of ballast.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The LTA05435 is for a Sport Duty series plow and the LTA04874B is for everything else (standard or super duty) so the one you purchase depends on which plow you're buying as they do not interchange amongst the two plow series, the Sports are all their own.

Has absolutely nothing to do with the style of the truck.

For light residential a Sport series is more than up to the job but for a full size truck a Standard is the better of the two as it's a stronger built plow.