1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What types of businesses wont you plow ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mdirrigation, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

After 30 years of playing in the snow there are some businesses i wont plow .

1. convience stores or any 24 hour establishments
    2. gas stations
    3. gravel parking lots
    4. CAR DEALERSHIPS

2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

Usually restaurants, most of them don't care about their lots, and well wait until there is 6 inches of packed snow before they call then be pissed off, when you tell them you won't do it for the per push price because it takes you 5 times the effort to do.

3. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Agree to 3 and 4

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I dont plow the ones that dont pay

5. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Usually find that out after the fact :drinkup:

6. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

I don't plow for "friends". They always call, ask how much, then can't believe what I charge. When asked why they called me for a bid they say that the previous service sucked. Tell them that our service doesn't "suck", which is why you called, and why we charge what we do. I never end with those jobs and they still complain year after year. Just as well.

7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Bingo! Can't think of any others aside from these.

8. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

car dealerships for sure

9. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

Gas stations!

10. rofoth6

rofoth6 Member
    from iowa

mother-in-laws house. let her be stranded.:sleeping:

11. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

especially used car dealerships...owned by immigrant indian ppl...that was the worst $50 ever....

And they get pissed when you won't pull out their broken down cars that they are selling for over 10K lol... I told 'em I wasn't a tow company and that he was already getting the deal of a life time. Needless to say I let that go to my competitors :D

12. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

Numbers 3 and 4. I refuse...too much liability with the car dealer

Number 2 just gets charged a lot more

Number 1 means extra tips back and extra salt which means only on a per push contract. I'll take there money

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

One year (long long ago) we had a lot with a Bar, a 24/7 convenience store and a ATM. Never again

14. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

Home owner assocs. they always run out of funds. here in ohio most don't budget snow removal in there expenses.

15. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

to the above: The HOA i won this year was very professional in their bid packet and what they were looking for in a contractor, as much as I had to provide, I was glad because it would have weeded out any "low cost operator". The president was a retired construction company owner so at least he had some contractor experience.

16. Car dealerships gravel lots and busy trucking yards

17. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

No More Business'. HOA and single resi' ONLY And ........NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER again ,, Cstore gas stations!

18. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

What do you guys have against gas stations?

I do them and don't have a problem with them.

19. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

$50 to plow a car dealership? Was it a 1 car driveway? I won't comment on the racial issues here....

20. Mr.Freezzz

Mr.Freezzz Member
    from Utah

Yep and all the stupid cars with there bumpers hanging way out. Or the complaints that its to early. Or only salt if requested etc etc headache!