1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What type plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jcgoodwrench, Dec 9, 2003.

1. jcgoodwrench

jcgoodwrench Junior Member

I just bought a ford f250 with a plow on it. I dont know what it is(meyers,wester,fisher or what) How do I find a model or serial # on it?? It was spraypainted by prev owner. It has a motor standing vertical and it looks like a small starter motor. There is a piston assemb. on the left for the ram for raising the plow. There is also a small 2"x4" cover on the left side with 4 screws holding it on. The color when I scrape paint off is yellow.All help is greatly awaited!! Thanx for all your time!

2. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

Sounds like a Western, what do the controls look like? Does it work? Loosen the screws holding the plate- that is where the cables for the joystick should go. More information is needed to help you better

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

A picture would be best... besides, we like pictures of plows.

4. jcgoodwrench

jcgoodwrench Junior Member

Ill take a pic or two and post them tomorrow thanx guys!