1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What type of training do you provide for new operators or as refresher training?

Discussion in 'Snow Management Safety & Training' started by Michael J. Donovan, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

What type of training do you provide for new operators or as refresher training each season?

What are some of the training techniques you use, or provide, to your new employees/operators each year before, or during, the season? Also, what are some of the "refresher" training ideas and techniques you provide for your returning employees/operators?

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

For Maine DOT I had to take a written test before I could get my "Green Card" (learners permit). After I got my "Green Card" I was able to plow with another driver in the truck with me. Once the other drivers felt I was ready to plow by myself the "Driver Trainer" came out and rode with me in the truck for a few hours and he then certified me to plow by myself.