1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What type of joystick does speedcast use?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bkeast17, Oct 16, 2007.

1. bkeast17

bkeast17 Junior Member

I picked up a 6.5ft fisher speedcast off a 95 Wrangler to put on my 91 wrangler. I am missing the lower plow pushplates as well as the joystick. I called a dealer and they said $275 for the joystick. I only paid $300 for the plow so I am not going to put that much into a joystick. I bought one off ebay cheap but am not sure it is the right one. Can any one show me a picture of what this speedcast would use. It has the plow pump mounted on the A frame for the jeep. The previous owner snipped the cables from the pump that ran to the joystick. This is the joystick I got off ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=200156584949&rd=1

Thanks

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

That will work, but you will need new control cables and the power switch. You will also need all the wiring to control and power the pump.

Maybe Brian Simmons will chime in with the part numbers, otherwise I will look them up for you and post tonight.

3. bkeast17

bkeast17 Junior Member

Hmmm so I have to cut off the electrical cables that go to my pump control box now? What type of cable is used for this joystick? Does something like slip over the 2 little stubs on the joystick? I have no idea how it works haha. Also from the pump control box on the A frame there is a black braided wire housing that has the wires to go to the cab it splits into 2 sections, where does these both go, 1 to each connection on the joystick? Its a pain because the previous owner cut the wires to pull them through the firewall. and of course he cant find the original joystick

4. Flipper

from CT

Can you take a picture of what you have? The pump itself and its mounting and the wires etc.

Fisher never mounted pumps on a-frames. They were either under hood or mounted integral to the lift cylinder.

5. bkeast17

bkeast17 Junior Member

Here are some pics of the frame and the pump and wires and stuff. Like I said the previous owner cut the wires going through the firewall to the joystick so I have no idea what the joystick looked like or what the ends to the wires looked like. I posted before the joystick I bought off ebay and it has the 2 control rounds on it and I assume the cables from the pump should have something that snaps onto these 2 ends on the joystick? As for the wiring on the headlights, I just will run that like normal with a switch on the dash and the relays in the middle and to the battery and whatnot. I just need to figure out how the joystick wires up. There are also a few stray wires that look like that had the round clips on the end, are these grounds or something?

6. bkeast17

bkeast17 Junior Member

7. Flipper

from CT

You need an electric joystick and the wiring harness for the conventional mount. Both found on ebay. I will look for it.

8. bkeast17

bkeast17 Junior Member

I finally found a diagram on Fishers website. http://www.fisherplows.com/publications.asp?cat=101

After looking at the diagram I need #3 (Control harness), #20 (Solenoid), #2 (Solenoid Control).

I searched ebay and found this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fisher-Selenoid-joystick-controller-like-new_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63688QQihZ018QQitemZ280164409460QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
    Will this work for my application? Then all I need to do is replace the #3 control harness from the pump control box and wire it to the solenoid and to the joystick?

Thanks a lot

9. Flipper

from CT

Yup thats it. GO in to the dealer with the part number for the harness. It is a rare bird now that they have gone to the isolation system. The solenoid and cables are pretty simple. The joystick is still being used as well.

10. bkeast17

bkeast17 Junior Member

Any good website where I may be able to find the harness?