1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What type/brand tire is best? Also is extra siping benificial?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by krafty1958, Apr 14, 2008.

1. krafty1958

krafty1958 Junior Member

Just wondering what brand tire or tread design works best for you professionals and also is extra siping benificial? Let the battle begin.....:gunsfiring:

2. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

If you do a search there is hundreds of threads on tires.

3. krafty1958

krafty1958 Junior Member

This I know........I am wondering what works best from an experience standpoint....acutal usage not what the literature says.

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Uhh, those hundreds of threads on tires were all asking the same question you just did.

5. Kingwinter

Kingwinter Senior Member

everyone will have different answers.... i've had good experiance with bridgestone duelers.

6. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

cooper ST or ST/c

7. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

tires

well i just put cooper atr's on my 2500hd and i could not believe the difference ,i had factory Firestone's .the cooper's had sipe's and the perceived difference was phenomenal, man the tires grabbed the road that much better you could tell the difference in the steering wheel ,they added so much traction .i know my old man was using them on over the road truck tire's for year's ,on all his recap tire's especially .they put a ton of mile's on them .

8. FTGUprprtyMaint

FTGUprprtyMaint Member

Bridgestone dueler revos best plow tire ever!!!!!!

9. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

I just put a 4 pack of these on my dually and will be buying them for everything from now on.
    I have 8k miles on them and they look like they did the day I bought them. Very good traction wet, dry, or snow, clean themselves out good in the mud and are quiet. Hankook ATm RF10.

rf10_tire_left.gif

10. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

BFG A/T's.

11. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Just do a search and don't waste the space with yet ANOTHER thread where everyone lists their favorite brands. Its been done to death.

12. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

1000 different tires, 1000 different trucks, a million different answers.

It really is pointless to debate tires. One tire that is good on a 8500lb, locked Superduty could suck on a 4000lb, open rear Ranger.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  13. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

im sure.. i have them on my 91 F150... theyre an awesome tire, especially for that truck, its 2wd! with some weight i can get around in the snow great.

My 06 F350 has load range E tires, their 265/70/18s i think, Continental contritrac TRs that ford puts on factory, i like them, but they do suck major in the snow, i was spinning all 4 wheels with ease in the snow with the heavy boss V plow on the spreader and a pallet of salt :(

Duelers arnt made in 18s or are only made to a certain weight class for 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks i think.

I want the ford 20s, but then im ONLY limited to my tires now or BFG all terain K/Os at $350 a tire or whatever :/