1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Truck?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TurfSolutionsMN, Jan 16, 2015.

1. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

I need to purchase another plow truck ASAP.

I found a 2006 F250 w/ 150,000 miles its come with a Snow Dogg V Plow. When the dealer bought the truck they put the plow on, it has 3 seasons on it.

or

2004 F250 70,000 miles no plow

Both trucks are same money.

I do run a Boss on my personal/business truck now but hate to plow with it, only used in bad storms. I would like to run all Bosses by next year and with no snow here in MN I would hate to by another new Boss at this time. Would you guys by the '04 Ford and put a Boss mount on it and run the plow off my personal truck every storm or by the '06 Ford with plow on it? I know I'm making this to hard of a decision.

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Gas or diesel? Some more info would help. I like the sound of the lower mileage truck and then you can run your Boss on both trucks. Maybe pickup another Boss plow side at some point and that way you can always run something.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If I had to choose,I'd go with the 2004 and put a truck mount on it. if something happens both truck are interchangeable.

4. TurfSolutionsMN

from MN

Both gas, Reg. cab long box F250. Both trucks are in the same condition.

5. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

The '04. seems like it has the longevity advantage since its never plowed and has less mileage

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

2004 then. That was easy!

7. TurfSolutionsMN

from MN

Sounds like the 2004

8. TurfSolutionsMN

from MN

Well now I just got a call from another dealer willing to sell their own plow truck:

2003 chevy 2500 Ext. cab long box 150,000 miles gas w/ a 3 year old boss poly v they are asking $2500.00 more then the other two. Now What?

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

See post number 3 again.

10. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

You ever see the way the guys at dealerships plow? Drive it like you stole it....steer very clear of dealers plow trucks.

11. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Go with a virgin truck any day, vs something someone beat the snot out of...

12. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

No. The 2004. Listen to us!

13. bdryer

bdryer Senior Member

No brainer...... Like they're saying'.......... '04 all the way!!

14. TurfSolutionsMN

from MN

Ok will by the 2004

15. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

The 2004. I avoid buying a truck that has a plow on it at all costs. It also has 1/2 the miles. It's a no brainer.

16. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Buy Both, take on more work..

17. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Hmmm...no Dodges for sale ?