1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what truck to plow with?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by kron35s, Sep 16, 2008.

1. kron35s

kron35s Junior Member
    from va

Hi, been on ths site a lot but just joined. I have a 2005 f-250 king ranch crew cab short bed w a v10. I have a 9ft western pro-plus. I don't really want to put it on my truck b/c of tearing it up. but here in va we dont get much snow. I can also get a 2004 reg. cab 6.0 with 200,000 miles really cheap. All the maint. has been done and it runs great. What would u guys do? And is this plow too big for either truck. The westren site says ok for the v10 but not the 6.0. Thanks for your input.
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Put it on the King Ranch and don't hit anything.
  3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

it would be fine on either truck
  4. RJ snow

RJ snow Member

the 250 std cab would be alot easyier to manuver than the 4dr crew cab, just my opion. both should be just fine as far as weight on the front end
  5. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

If i was driving it, The King Ranch, if someone else was to drive it, the other one.
  6. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

regular cab just for the fact it has a shorter wheelbase
  7. kron35s

kron35s Junior Member
    from va

Thanks for the input. Still not sure which one, I always say screw it I'll use the king ranch then when I start thinking about it I back out. I just have to keep this truck a while and dont want to destroy it. I'll get some pictures of the trucks up today.
  8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Nothing wrong with plowing in style.
  9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Put it on the KR. The V-10 is great for plowing. JMO
  10. justwheelit

justwheelit Member

im the same as you i wouldnt want to tear up my nice truck. id probably get the 04 f-250 if money wasnt a problem b/c an 04 w/200,000 would have to be almost all highway so theres not a major ammount of time on it 3,000hrs or so just make sure you plug it in when its cold, they will start but it sounds like its gonna throw a rod if you start it when its 15deg and not plugged in