1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What truck do i buy

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by steveo, Dec 30, 2008.

1. steveo

steveo Junior Member

hello gents- im new to this so be patient.......im purchasing an ext. p/u truck for convience b/c i do alot of work around my house. however, i thought of doing some small jobs plowing.....im not going on the highway in blizzard. i live in NJ and may start to do side jobs to keep busy when im off school- im a teacher.........i realize there are some fanatics on this site, but i just need advice on what is the best bang for my buck.....i will also use this truck to drive to work so i would prefer a v6, however being new to this business idk if this is possible- forgive me for me being incompetent. what do you recommend......pls help...and it has to be a used vehicle

2. huss691981

huss691981 Member

first off rember that you really need plow insurance. Someone falls, breaks a hip...... your fault. Second as far as a truck goes. There is a guy on here that swears by the 80 and 90 ford bronco 2. V6, short wheel base, good vision, pretty srtong trans, transfer case, and diffs. Other than that I could also say jeep wranglers, s-10. Mike