1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What trailer should I get to haul a Bobcat S70 (mini skid)?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by TGS Inc., Oct 22, 2014.

1. TGS Inc.

TGS Inc. Senior Member
    from Detroit

Hey guys, we are purchasing a couple Bobcat S70's for doing sidewalks. Wanted to know what your recommendations would be on hauling. I'm looking at the smallest skid steer trailer that Kaufman sells but was hoping to maybe get into something a little less heavy duty. I don't think a landscape / lawn trailer ramp would hold up to the weight of the machine. Thoughts???

Skid steer is about 36" wide, 12' long and weights about 3000 lbs.

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Dual axle landscape trailer would be fine. Or even a car trailer.

If you only move one at a time, of course
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

^Around here that will get you pulled over and ticketed.
    they look for just that around here.

but not saying it can't be done

Get a bobcat/skidster trailer.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  4. TGS Inc.

TGS Inc. Senior Member
    from Detroit

Should have been more clear...

I will be towing one at a time / separate crews...
  5. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Ticketed for what? Having two machines?
  6. Do It All Do It Right

Do It All Do It Right Senior Member

Ramps and the back of a flatbed would be ideal. No trailer and the flatbed can be equipped with a plow.
  7. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Only thing I could think of is the trailer itself not having approved tie down points. Other than that I can't think of any reason why. A trailer full of commercial mowers weighs more than 3k and half the lawn jockeys around here don't even strap them down
  8. TGS Inc.

TGS Inc. Senior Member
    from Detroit

At this point I'm thinking of going with the lightest duty Kaufman skid steer trailer. With the lawn trailer I would be worried about the ramps longevity.
  9. Ropinghorns

Ropinghorns Senior Member

Wow, I have a 4 ft. Bobcat that I hate to load with ramps on a low trailer. Can not think of putting it on a flatbed truck bed with ramps. [ that 3 ft. wide s70 will turn over in a heart beat.]
  10. snocrete

snocrete Banned

for a 3000lb machine, I would want a trailer that is "rated to haul" at least a 5000lb load. JMO
  11. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

Would a tandem axle enclosed work for you? Easily handle the weight, run a short 12' trailer and that leaves you room for extra gear and blowers that can be thrown into them. They stay clean honing down the road, gear doesn't have to be strapped down. Door might take a little beefing up but that's really no big deal.
  12. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Guy here has one and hauls it on his golf cart trailer But he did put and heavier axle under it and its a single axle trailer and its a tilt trailer
  13. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

14. TGS Inc.

TGS Inc. Senior Member
    from Detroit

^^ Those are nice looking trailers! I think Arctic out of Chicago has used enclosed trailers for their compact skids...I will have to do some investigating.

Thanks guys!

Keep the ideas comin'
  15. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

You can't beat a tilt deck for equipment. Now I have loaded a bobcat 440B on my landscape trailer many times without any damage to the gate. Just try not to drive inbetween the supports. I have not tried it with my 763 since that goes in the dump trailer.
  16. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

They make upgraded ramps through kaifman for skids on landscaping trailers.

Personally I prefer the landscaping trailer gates with supports. Especially whe it's wet out
  17. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

It's always smart to buy a little larger of a trailer than you need!
  18. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Our heaviest skid is 8300lbs...I like knowing our 14k trailer still has 2800lbs of capacity left for chains/binders/additional attachment/etc
  19. snocrete

snocrete Banned

This would be a sweet setup, but probably at a higher cost than a small equip trailer..?..
  20. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Can someone please explain why a 10k trailer wouldn't be enough for a 3k of machine? Or even a 7k trailer

Hell my tractor weigh and little more than that and it gets moved on a 10k car trailer 3x a week