1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to watch out for on a 93 1 ton??

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Oshkosh, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Hello Dodge guys,

I am considering a 93 1 ton,SC, 4x4 ,cummins, auto just wondering the obvious Dodge issues that I should pay attention to.
    I am aware of the basics,rust,front end,Transmission etc but is there anything these Dodges are especially know for???.
    I am looking for a good basic everyday work/play truck without a payment book.

4x4D 1ton.jpg

2. RODHALL

RODHALL Senior Member

A518 -46RH/RE automatic transmission.
    Steering shaft will wear the cup quickly. $70 to repace from mopar or $225 permint fix from bogerson... the CTD option got you the upgrade to, the NP 205 transfer case and Dana 60 fornt and rear (that take a serious beating) Front end issues are on the Dana 44 CAD only not the Dana 60.

only other issues would be mantince type things seals joints in the axles, U-joints, brakes, tires...

I have a 88 CTD 1 ton it just truned 400,000 miles Body is rough but it still runs like the day i got (a little over 100,000 miles)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Just watch out for the front end and steering components. I had an old Ram (non diesel) that had about 2" of play in the steering wheel. It was SCARY to drive that thing.

4. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the info...

Thanks for the insight guys...
    Dana 60 front and rear I like the sounds of that.Didnt realize they where built that heavy...And they get good fuel mileage.....

Good to know.
    Thanks again...