1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what to stock in the truck???????

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by dyllan78, Aug 10, 2010.

1. dyllan78

dyllan78 Member

What do i need to stock in my truck, what are the most common things that will go wrong. I have a hiniker 8' poly.?????

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

You better keep an extra plow in the cargo bed!

You want the baiscs such as wrench set, jumper cables, flashlight, coat work gloves and a tarp.

Road flares work well as you don't have to hold them, tripod lights are good too!
    Oh and a pillow so you can kick back on those 30 hr plowing events! Bring food too and coffee is a must!

3. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I bought one of the "emergency" kits from my plow manufacturer. So far out of two seasons I've had it I have used it to fix two peoples plow and keep them up and running. Haven't used it yet myself, and will probably buy a fresh one for this season.

4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

That's pretty funny.

I'd like to add a hot blonde to the list.

5. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

I keep your basic tools and hydro fluid.

6. ajslands

Oh ya you want a tow strap, few rather straps, and a can of fluid film or wd40.

And a snow shovel to dig your self out if you get stuck... You might want to consider a tool box.

7. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

aside from a case of beer in the bed the snow keeps ice cold...
    -a solenoid
    -1 of each kind of hose on the plow
    -2 quarts of plow oil
    -tools to change any parts you can in the field
    -jumper cables
    -tow strap
    -flashlight(s)
    -if ya got a diesel, some of that 911 treatment to thaw gel in lines and extra fuel filter

8. ajslands

Their is like a 5 page thread we made on this last year called: what to carry in your truck? Some of us had enough stuff to go camping!

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Toilet paper!

10. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

A blond beer or? How does the other blond help?

11. ajslands

Use the snow!

12. dyllan78

dyllan78 Member

You really think these hiniker plow are junk? i heard the big ones break all the time. nothing bad about the 8.5 or smaller. Only reason i bought a hiniker is because when i jumped into the snow plowing game everyone was sold out and i had to drive three hours away to get this one. You think i should get rid of it or keep plowing until it dies. just paranoid cause ive heard mixed reviews. dont want that thing falling off and damaging my tuck. juck a silly newby question.

13. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

every plow has its good and bad. you just hear more about western, fisher, boss and meyer since they are the main companies. some are better then others but people wouldnt keep buying them if they were that bad. hiniker isnt big around here but know a few people that have em and they really like em. no complaints. your fine with what ya got. just get to know the setup and keep parts you can change in the field and youll be just fine

14. ajslands

dood i was just messing with you! :nod::nod:
    i have no expirence with them so idk what their quality is....

15. dyllan78

dyllan78 Member

thanks for the reply man, going to keep it and see how it goes. cheers

16. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

what to bring

The Hot Blonde is for the cold shovel

17. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

This has been discussed many many times...Use the search function at the top of the site, there are a lot more answers than you have questions.

Check out this thread and it will list everything you'll need and more...

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=81826&highlight

Happy reading and Welcome to plowsite :waving:

18. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Beer...Marlboros...and a Eight Ball...Im good for Days....:nod:...:drinkup:...:waving:
    Boy, i miss the good old days.....Try the search as ASPS stated and you will find some good info...Welcome

19. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I allways have a role of toilet paper in my truck. You never know when nature's going to call. And snow doesn't work very good, plus it's pretty cold on the a$$.