1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to put on the front of a kubota 9540

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by MnM, Jan 1, 2012.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

I have a inverted blower on the back that seems that it will kick butt , but I want to put something on the front. I would like to put a blizzard 8611 on the front with the blower on back. What is peoples thoughts. Also I would like to get a pusher for it also I know she will push a ten footer saw videos of a 7040 with a ten footer push a full box the length of a lowes parking lot do you all think she will handle a 12 footer or am I asking for trouble I want this machine to be as productive as possible. She will be doing a hoa with 159 driveways then will go next door and help dirty jersey with another hoa with 125 driveways he will be running a 863 with 8 or 10 foot box these driveways are all fairly small about 20x 30 how long will a driveway take with the kubota. I know I am asking a lot of questions but just want some answers thank u all in advance and I will put 200 bucks down that I will run circles around you dirty jersey lol
  2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

Do u have a fel? Look into the kage systems, but the blizzard should be a good combo
  3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I dont own a tractor...but I would think adding a front attachment is going to seriously limit the agility/manuverability of the tractor while doing tight hoa drives like you described.......Especially if its wider than the blower!
  4. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

I agree 100% unless the pusher can be quickly removed and then reinstalled when it is needed. I find that even with a bucket on on loader driveways a more difficult I can't imaine what a 10-12 foot pusher would be like.
  5. grsp

grsp Member
    from indiana

we have a kubota m7040 that has an ebling on the back and a blizzard plow on the front mounted right to the frame. Ebling makes the mount for the blizzard also. I personally don't feel that it limits maneuverability.
  6. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I would think this is completely different? Your talking plows on both ends, and the ebling is probably "close" to twice the width of the blizzard. Plus, isnt a 9540 a longer/wider machine than a 7040??

BTW, that sounds like a nice setup grsp!
  7. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I've wrestled with that question to, and really I dont think having a plow on the front is a good idea while blowing resi. Narrow streets, cars parked across from the driveway, etc... no room, and more risk of accidents. If you have a quick attach system so you can drop it for a few hours, then put it on when you're done blowing I think that would be the best solution.
  8. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Why are you even worried isn't like 50 outside during the day buy you guys
  9. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

Kage System for the front. The more i see those the more impressed i am and the more i want one.