1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to pay

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by The Duke, Oct 22, 2007.

1. The Duke

The Duke Member
    from WI

I am looking at a Western Unimount 7.5' that is about 5 years old. It comes with the mount for my truck and all the wiring everything.

[​IMG]

So, what would you pay for it?

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

If you are putting it on your F-250 then that is barely enough plow. An 8' plow would be alot better. Anything under $1700 would be a good price,

3. The Duke

The Duke Member
    from WI

When I asked here: http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=49161 , I was advised that 7.5' was what I wanted. If 8' would be better, I will look for one.

Yes, it is for the F250, and it is $1500 OBO.

Thanks.

4. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree, a 7.5' plow on that truck is not enough. If you go that route you will not be happy.

Just my advice.

Bossman

5. The Duke

The Duke Member
    from WI

So, 8' then? Will the 6" make that much of a differance or do I need to go to 8.5' or 9'?
    Thanks.

6. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I had a 9'2" on my F250 and switched it to my F350. I now have a 8'2" and sometimes wish it were bigger. I would go at least 8' maby 8.5, but 9' is almost too big on that truck.

Just my opinion though, Bossman

7. The Duke

The Duke Member
    from WI

Alright. Thanks for the advise!