1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to pay?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by durafish, Jan 24, 2013.

1. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

I have a friend thats selling a 99 f250 with plow and poly caster spreader. I am not interested in the truck as it has the 4.6 and its a ford but the spreader i do like. He had some extra cash a few years ago and went and bought it. Its the new version and only had one load of sand in it. what would you pay for it and the wiring?
    this is like a spare of the moment type thing and i dont know much about them.
    thanks

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

should be worth 3000

3. Morrissey snow removal

4. durafish

from 02919

So like for 2 grand would be good?

5. Morrissey snow removal

yes real good all the used ones i see are 2500+

6. durafish

from 02919

Oh ok thanks.

7. Morrissey snow removal

any pics of it?

8. durafish

from 02919

I'm on my phone right now but go to ri CL and type in "plow & sander" its a white truck in Cranston.

9. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

10. Morrissey snow removal

o yea that trucks been on there for a while looks like anice sander

11. durafish

from 02919

Yea the trucks very rusty and the plow is about 50% rotted.

12. Morrissey snow removal

2000 would be a good deal for it

13. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Also, just a note. That truck can't possibly have the 4.6 if its factory. You said 4.6 so I though F150 7700 and went "He put a Polycaster in THAT?!?"

14. durafish

from 02919

He said it does and I did find it odd so I did some research not much though.

15. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

It's a 5.4

16. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Ford made a F250 that looks like a F150 some did have 4.6 in them and dumb thing they did instead 8 bolt wheels it had 7 bolt wheels A friend has one it handles a load well

17. Morrissey snow removal

yea that trucks a 5.4 they only used 5.4 6.8 and 7.3 that yr in the superdutys

18. abbottfarm

abbottfarm Senior Member
    from Maine

..^this^..

19. durafish

from 02919

Ok guys calm down thanks for telling me its not the 4.6 but I don't need to be told 10 times. I have very little knowledge about Ford's besides the basic that any non ford knows. I just wrote what the seller told me.

20. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Durafish, That guy is so fake & arrogant...downright liar. I went and looked at this sander hours before I bought my new one from Lang's. He's so full of sh!t it's not even funny. He keeps it at his run down "party house" :rolleyes:. It's had ALOT of sand through it, and put up with sand salt mix sitting in it for long periods of time. Used once :rolleyes:; I don't think so. The chain should be replaced. It's a heck of alot older then he says it is too. I have a pictures of it and the serial number somewhere...If I recall it's an 06/09 model, which was before many of the upgrades and improvements were done to these. By his own omission, it's never been serviced. I was still willing to buy it with the intention of having to replace alot of things. so I priced a bunch of parts out, and offered him $2k, which he turned down....honestly, I'm glad he said no. It's not worth anymore then $2k in my opinion, I saw many well used ones in better shape then this one. Ask him how much he wants for the plow lol...he thinks it's worth $4k, it's like a 1999 MM1 all rusted to sh!t. :laughing: I usually don't knock people, but that guy...he deserves an award.