1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to pay sub

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by snremo_by_tm, Dec 19, 2012.

1. snremo_by_tm

snremo_by_tm Junior Member

What should my skidsteer operator/owner be paid?
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What's he asking first?
  3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Owner of the skidloader should know his hourly rate
  4. snremo_by_tm

snremo_by_tm Junior Member

I am bidding a job to do snow removal and haul away and I've never done a job like this. i got a driver for a tandem dump truck I will rent 220/day incl. insurance +fuel +mileage I came up with a figure of 400 dollars. i expect 4-5 loads and it's a 1 hr round trip to the snow dump. i will pay 25$/hr for the driver but can also be a percentage, he's willing to -help me out- I can rent a skidsteer (s185) with a 80'' snow bucket for about 210/day incl ins. +fuel. Maybe 50 bucks? I also got another guy who has his own skidsteer, i thought 50/hr was a good number, but i don't know, he's an owner operator hauling gravel, i haven't talked to him but i thought i should check here first. i dont know how long it's going to take and i submitted my first bid at 200/hr but wasn't good plus I learned it had to be done in the day not night, more traffic, so longer runs to the dump site. i can look into hiring a bigger truck, but i like to work with people i know most want their own driver, could be difficult to rent a tractor with an end dump. i also want to make money, i think 4-4.5 hrs, and i said so in my bid, but really i dont know, maybe i can say x amount per load of snow or x amount for the job.
  5. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Wow! Everything that is wrong with this industry, right there.
  6. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

anytime we take on new subs , I ask them first what they're comfortable with . If he's in the ballpark , we strike a deal . Never offer $125 when he'll bite for $75 .