1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to pay for a used Minute Mount?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Oliver710, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Oliver710

Oliver710 Junior Member

Hi Guys
    This is going to be my first year plowing (not counting the driveway with the 16HP craftsman). I am planning on putting a 7' 6'' Fisher Minute Mount on my '04 chevy 1500 and was wondering if $1500 was reasonable for a used plow. It looks to be in good shape and does what it should. Also wondering if if $1650 was reasonable for push plates wiring and 3 plug conversion install. I am seventeen and don't have a ton of money so i dont want to waste it. Also, I am not plowing "comercialy" i will be doing some friends and my dads work lot.
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a hard time believing that you wouldn't come out alright on a 1500 dollar plow. The question I have for you is, does the 1650 number that you mention include the plow purchase as well, or in that on top of the cost of the plow. If that is plus the plow, then I think you need to install the plow yourself. You will learn alot about the way a plow works, if you install it yourself. That being said, if it is only going to cost you 150 dollars for push plate, and a wire harness, then by all means let them install it.
  3. Oliver710

Oliver710 Junior Member

The $1650 doesn't include the the plow it is on top of the $1500 for the plow.
    I was also wondering if i will need timbrens or the like since the truc ids a half ton.
  4. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Go to Tim Wallace Snowplow Supply, a sponsor on here. Great site. See what new will cost you. Used in vg condition is worth about 50/60 percent of new. Many make the mistake of buying a plow and then having to go to the dealer to buy the mount and wiring. Expensive route!