1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what to pay a driver

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lazerslicer, Nov 21, 2007.

1. lazerslicer

lazerslicer Member

This year im going to use a guy to drive MYplow truck to plow for me and i was wondering what guys get hourly to drive OTHER guys plow trucks in michigan he has experience plowing but i just met him and met with him a few times showing him what i got i told him i would come up with a number today

2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

It depends on what you want to spend per. hr. I pay my drivers $20.00 but they always show up anyway to answer you question up here in the Tri Cities i have seen any ware from $10.00- $20.00 per hour your truck and your fuel, good luck and have a great year plowing. Ask him what he wants it could be lower than what you might think or it could be higher anyway you guys can work it out from there.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  3. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

guys here get $20 for a 1 ton plow/sander -- $25 for CDL plow/sander ,this is for city/state highways and streets , and is for just this once company

i know that the trucks themselves get $80 for 1 ton plow/sander and as high as $140 for the really big semi-tractor plow/sand trucks.

4. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

I just wanted to revisit this question for the Rochester NY area. Just a driver using my truck, no shoveling or salting. Any thoughts would be great!

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I know I'm in MN, but just wanted to concur that I've got a list of guys I can call to jump in a pickup, even shovel some smaller sidewalks, all at $20 / hour.

6. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

That sounds about rite to me. Any more and you might as well find a cheap sub, any less and who would want to get out of bed for $10 an hour.

7. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I pay 20% of what the pickup makes. Works out to about 18.00 / hr. I havn't had anyone complain yet. Also depends upon how much babysitting I do.

8. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

I pay about $15/hour when he does my commercial accounts. Here is the catch though; He pays for gas in the truck, however; he is aloud to go get any residential accounts that he can, and splits that money with me 50/50. So far he has picked up 20 residential accounts, averaging about $30 each. It works out great for me, because I hate doing residential, I'll do friends and family, and thats about it. Then when people call me to do residential I just give him the address, and still split 50/50. Last year I pocketed about $1600 this way.

9. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

Send Some Of These $20 An Hour Guys This Way Pleaseeeeeeee Here In Philly Shovel Help Makes 18 An Hr Average, Owner/operaters Make On Average 75/100 Per Hr And Drivers Make 40 T0 65 An Hr Time To Pack Up And Move To The Midwest I Think Lol