1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to look for?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by farmerkev, Apr 29, 2008.

1. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

I am going tonight to look at a 96 Cheyene 3/4 ton. Heres the kicker, shes got 172,000 on her, and only a 305 V8 in it. I have been told to look at the tire wear in the front, to suggest if there is any front end problems. I dont know a ton about trucks, and more about Fords than Chevys. Just want to know if i should be looking at anything specific. It sounds like its a tired truck, but for the right price?:rolleyes:

2. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

We left the house to realize we didnt have our keys, we were locked out with no car keys, so I missed the guy but called him, and I should be able to go back tomorrow, give him a couple 100 to hold it till dad can get a good look. It was BEAUTIFUL and Im a Ford guy. MINT condition, dual straight pipes, near perfect interior, no visible rust (it was dark out), and mudflap If it was kept up as good as the exterior shows, the 172,000 miles wont be a problem.