1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to get for my 2000 F-150

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by cciampi, Dec 18, 2008.

1. cciampi

cciampi Junior Member
    from CT

I have a 2000 F-150 XLT 4x4 7700. I want to get a used plow or a residential plow for it. In the past I was told that I can not use a plow because it is a extended cab. The Front Axle is rated for a plow and when I ask they say something like "due to the doors...blah blah"
    So What do I need? I just was to do my driveway, and maybe a neignbors, mine is approx 2500 ft long so the snowblower option is getting old

Any help appreciated

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

3. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

just a basic light duty plow... and with a 2500ft drive way i don't know how well a snow bear will hold up...

i've got a 98 f150 extened cab and it holds a 7.5 just fine..... give the t-bars a few turns and add some ballast...

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

A small Disher or a Boss Sport Duty plow would work good JMO.

5. Buckhunter

Buckhunter Member

This truck is perfect for plowing! My first plow truck was the same truck you have. I had a 7'6" fisher on it and ran it from 2000 until 2006 then I upgraded to a 2006 dodge for plowing and then this year an F-250 to because I do a lot of towing with 2-3tons at a time. Truck ran great every snow and had no problems.

6. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

SnowDogg md75
    Not very heavy.
    Just put one on my 2000 F150
    Heres a pict. after our snow/ice/thunderand lightning/hail storm the other night.
    8 hours of plowing.

2000Ford.jpg

7. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Here you go!

7.5' Meyer MDII with 2000 Ford F150 mounts, complete wiring harness,, joy stick control, light modules and headlamp adapters $2800

508 753 6617
    Jay

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

That thing looks brand new. thats a good thing.....bad thing.........its a meyer

9. John Rambo

John Rambo Junior Member

You can absolutely plow w/ this truck. I have the same truck and I just started plowing w/ it. I put a Fisher 7.5 RD min. mount on it and it handles just fine. I might crank up my torsion bars to give the front end a little compensation for the weight, but you have the 7700 bars so you'll be fine. If you go with fisher the push plate part # is 7150 ('97-2003 F150's). check your want-ads or craigslist, I got mine back in July for $75.