1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what to do

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ajslands, Jan 21, 2010.

1. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

what do you do when there is no snow falling and theres no ice, i know some ppl work other jobs, and some problay go to vegas or something. MI hasent gotten snow in at least a week and a half. and i am board as f***
  2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

go skiing, work on some project, get my but kicked playing video games with the kids, get really bored and pray to the snow gods so I can get out of the house:eek:
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sit on PS listening to others complain about no snow!
  5. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Theres a few on here that could use a little time with hooked on phonics...
  6. ajslands

what kind of skis do you have?

ive been doing to snow dance
  7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Same here, going stir crazy for sure. I cant even work on our new skid steer cuz I'm waiting for a garage to open up. So I just look out the window at her, sitting out in the cold, I'm getting teary eyed. J/K We're supposed to start getting some winter weather this coming week so we'll see. I'm starting to think ahead to new mowing customer's I want to go after and some advertising.
  8. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing:sad but true
    :laughing:now thats funny sh**
    I hear ya, :gunsfiring:piss on winter:D, I gotta start bidding some more large accts. for spring and next winter
  9. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I have been sitting in the corner and crying. We haven't had snow or ice in over a month.

I am getting a good head start on advertising for this summer though.
  10. Ozone

Ozone Member

I'm a self employed Plumbing & Heating contractor, and I always have something to do.

I plow as a sub, and snowplowing is considered "down time" for me. I consider snowplowing "me" time, and it's an excellent time to relax,smoke a cigar, and listen to the radio as I plow.
  11. procut

procut Senior Member

I thought you were still in school? IDK, isn't that like 7 hours a day plus homework?
  12. ajslands

i weld for 3 hours actualy, and that means i must have 17 hrs at home -5:30:00 sleep, maybe an hour hwmk max? so 10.5 hours of nothing..

also i dont have school on saturdays nor on sundays
  13. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I also pass the time learning the rules:
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s2rE_voavMo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s2rE_voavMo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
  14. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

:laughing::laughing::laughing: I love that show
  15. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

slowly go broke :cry:

BIZZY BEE Junior Member

find all the dollar beer specials in the downriver area , or go to tap room on tuesday THONG day and dollar beers
  17. snowman5313

snowman5313 Member

I play online poker on 5 sites. Free games that you win real money. That and listen to every one complain that they need money.
  18. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Online poker, we also sell firewood, so we're usually cutting trees down in the winter for next years' supply.
  19. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I stare at my lawn mowers and think how nice it is cause the grass grows every year.
  20. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

I run an Outdoor Power Equipment dealership "fulltime". Right now snowthrowers have dried up, all the trucks are ready to go and we're sitting tight with thumb in A$$.

Looking at some new projects for spring/summer.

Compiling a list of customers to call and get set-up for early-bird spring service on their equipment. Also plan to send a letter to all the New-Sale customers reminding them to get their equipment serviced, or make sure they have the supplies to do it themselves.

Also simply brainstorming ideas for the shop, plow-trucks, ice management, etc.

Idle hands do the devil's work they say...