1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to do???

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by fastxcr800, Nov 6, 2008.

1. fastxcr800

fastxcr800 Member

I'm looking at a 1998 Dodge 2500 extended cab short bed with a 7'6" western plow. The truck only has 39,000 miles and is a one owner. Plow and truck were bought together. The asking price is $13,750. Is this a good deal? Is a 7'6" plow big enough? This is my first year plowing and i'll be doing small commercial lots and driveways. My other option is to put a plow on my 05 3500 cummins, but I don't want to beat up the truck. I've been looking at the blizzard 8'6" speedwing plow. What do you think??

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I think the price is way high. 39k or not...................low miles isn't always good either. I have a 93 Chevy2500 with 31k and I'd take one with 100k any day over it, just b/c I know it would have been driven more often and not sitting around. Is the Dodge a diesel? If so you're not as bad with price, if it's a gasser it's just crazy. I'd put a plow on your truck or buy a $5-6k plow truck if I were you.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

7'6"sn't big enough for a 3/4 ton truck. That is ALOT of money for a "few" accounts. IMO

4. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I'd just put a plow on your 1 ton, it will be cheaper for you and plowing doesn't really phase 1 tons. It was what they were designed to do.

5. fastxcr800

fastxcr800 Member

both trucks are diesel, the 1998 has the 24v

6. fastxcr800

fastxcr800 Member

7'6" is the biggest plow that is recommened for that truck b/c its diesel. my thoughts are with only 39k, the truck will last me a long time, the price is only a small investment. The business will grow every year.

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Still high on a 98 IMHO, and even with high daily driven miles, a 24v will still provide you with many trouble free years. If it were me and I was going to spend that kind of $$ soley on a plow truck, I'd find one better.