1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to do?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by WOODY367, Oct 1, 2007.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I just picked up a 8' HD MM2. I was used 3X. What should be done to it to get ready for winter? This is my 1st MM2 with electris. I have always had speed cast with belt driven pumps. Changer fluid what else? anything special?

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

If it's that new, probably nothing. Check the fluid level, hook it up and makes sure it works ok and you're ready to plow. You could coat all the connection points with dielectric grease to protect them.

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Just change the fluid so you know when it was done and how it was done, who knows if that "3x" use is accurate. Cheap maintenance for peace of mind IMO. other than that, just coat with dielectric grease and fluid film! :)

4. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Well I picked up Fisher fluid today. I will change it, coat all conections with dielctric, lube all moving partsand wax blade.. What is fluid film?

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member