1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what to do woth Ford 9N tractor?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Iawr, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Iawr

Iawr Senior Member

Working out a deal were I should be getting an old ford 9n in a barter. What can I do with it? It is just a plain Jane machine no loader, no attachments. I was thinking it could be used in a small lot, but I would need to fab up a plow mount/cab. To big for sidewalk duty? to slow for the close residentials?
  2. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

I had a 2n which is a newer version of the 9n. 8ft 3 point blade, used it to push our driveway. Too slow/small for much really. Sidewalks maybe.
  3. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

flip it and get something you can use easier in your operation. If you do any summer work, pretty sure these are desirable little tractors for brush hogging.
  4. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

At 23 pto hp, and no live pto, no.....flip it.

Worth 2-5k tops
  5. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

My cousin bought an 8N back in the late 90's to clear his flat paved 100' driveway. Tractor had a small front blade on it, he only used it the one winter then sold it. Worked great in small accumulations like 2 to 3" but in say 6 to 8" it was useless.

Like Bean said, flip it. These tractors do have good $$$ value.
  6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Quite familiar with these old Ford tractors. They were great in their time as they were replacing horses and manpower, but compared to anything made from the mid 50's on they are horribly obsolete. The 9N is only a 3 speed tranny... so speed control is pretty limited. Low horsepower. Fine for clearing your own driveway, two furrow plow for the garden, pulling wagons and such... not much else. Hobby farmer machine at best today.

Valued by hobbiests for being simple and cheap to restore, they are literally everywhere. They run forever.

Far too wide for sidewalks, unless they are at a huge mall or something. They are still the better part of 6' wide...

For what you want, forget it, flip it for what you can get... My friend sold his 8N (with a stuck motor) for $800 last summer. All depends on condition and what someone wants to pay. I really don't think anyone would pay $5k for one unless it was showroom condition.
  7. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I see them go for 2-4k at many farm auctions in good running condition... Have seen two restored ones go at auction. One brought a little over 5k and one went north of 7k!!!!
  8. 3bladz

3bladz Senior Member

How about this?