1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to do with used cutting edges?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by stillen, Nov 22, 2011.

1. stillen

stillen Senior Member

Anyone have any ideas what to do with used cutting edges? I wore two down in two seasons...now I have them in my garage taking up space......I was thinking of welding them together, kinda over lap them...run a bead and have an extra..just looking for ideas...
  2. graystonelbz

graystonelbz Member

scrap yard?
  3. herbert02

herbert02 Member

back drag blade
  4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

Thumbs Up for the win
  5. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

2 edges in 2 seasons!! What the hell? Anyway, I'd scrap em for some cash or make a hinged backdrag edge.
  6. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Send them my way. I need one for making a pull back blade on the skid loader pusher. You pay shipping and I will take them off your hands. haha Then you can say your company has gone green and recycle.
  7. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

If you can't make a back drag blade follow my motto: If you don't know what to do with it, Shoot it :gunsfiring: Everything always has a purpose as a target :D
  8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Throw them in the front yard and someone will take them in 5 minutes.
  9. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Are your edges wearing evenly or just the ends?
  11. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Make a hinged back drag edge out of mild snow then weld the cutting edge steel to it so you know it will last. Thats what I did over 4 years ago. If you are going to weld hardened steel to mild preheating will help a lot to keep the welds from pulling out of the hardened metal.
  12. chevyzrule810

Now that I think of it you could make a backdrag and come up with a bracket that bolts to the old cutting edge bolt holes.
  13. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

I used an old edge to go across the rafters in the garage and I hung a chainhoist from it....
  14. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I just throw mine in the salvage steel pile. If I need it, I use it, if I don't, It goes to the scrapyard.

15. chevyzrule810

I like deicepro's idea