1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what to do with overnight parking

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by miked9372, Sep 24, 2011.

1. miked9372

miked9372 Member
    from MN

2. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

I would plow around it the best you can and move on, time is money.

3. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I would plow around, but I'd love to do that.;)

4. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Plow around it and move on. I can say this tho if that was my Car that he moved that way Can you say Lawyer Major Law Suit. Even is it was sign posted No overnight Parking there are proper channels to follow to remove a car . That is Sooooo unprofessional !!!

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's why you should always set your parking brake.

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

That video has been on here a few times. As much as we all would love to try it, I wouldn't. Ya know what if they were having car trouble and that's just where they ended up. Not only do they have car trouble which can be expensive now they have to deal with being plowed in. Who needs all the extra stress these days!

7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I'll be honest here,lol We plow a State facility in our down town area and there is a popular dance club half a block down the street. There are at least 6 signs in this parking lot that only holds about 30 cars and on Friday night we were plowing and of course a few people come in to park and of course they just pulled in like they owned the place, parking anywhere they wanted and after we asked them to park somewhere else one guy just ignores us and parks RIGHT WHERE WE WERE PILING SNOW....he got buried! I went back the next day and the car was still there. You think that Cadillac in the video was bad. Typically I would never do this but this guy flat out ignored us AND parked right next to the big pile of snow.

8. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

these days you never know what the owner may do, better to call the towing company

9. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Used to plow a Walmart lot years ago, since it was open 24 hours we always had cars to deal with. Just did the best we could. Can remember on instance, some kids were doing donuts in the lot and ended up sliding into one of the backhoes. Needless to say the the car lost. Cars will always be an issue when plowing, whether they are parked or some one just out joy riding.

10. Landcare - Mont

Landcare - Mont Senior Member

One time, we were moving the piled snow from the front of a property to the rear, down their lane which connected the front street and the back street. We have a big pile of snow in the middle of the lane when some doofus in a 4x4 decided he had to go through. Our loader operator asked him to wait a few minutes while he moved the pile but the guy decided he knew better. After beaching the 4x4, he had the nerve to ask our operator to pull him out. He waited a long time.

11. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Plowing is enough stress as it is, why get out of shape over a stupid car. Plow around it and move on.