1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to do with call ins during a storm?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by vmj, Oct 8, 2009.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I have a contract with a com lot per storm by the inches with a pass throgh to open main runways up during the storm included. also have a clean up fee in contract if we have to go back after hours. But last year they called a couple of times and asked us to come by and scrape up slush or plow through,which is a extra from what in contract. Just wondering how anyone would handle this?? as a clean up fee or a separte will call fee??

2. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

If you have to plow the whole place again charge them full price. If you plow half the place and are feeling generous charge half price.

A lot of guys charge full price for any visit.

3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

and then those guys get pissed off and complain on here about how they lost a customer... I always look at it from the customer perspective... I'd be pissed if i got charged full rate to only plow half the lot... I think you should charge half rate of just an hourly rate...

4. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Thanks, I was figurig a hourly price for any time over what contract states.....

5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

What your saying seems to fall into what my contracts say as "call back charges" - which includes drifting, snow thrown in from city or state plows, etc, stuff that basically happens after I leave the lot cleaned and its not snowing anymore. That stuff I charge hourly w/ a minimum of anywhere from 1 hr to 2 hr depending on the size of account.

6. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I do a clean up fee for that.. I had them call in during a storm for a plow through request

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

AAAAHH, i see...sorry. Yes, then it would still be a type of call back charge, and IMO an hourly rate with a minimum amount depending on size of account would be appropriate.

8. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Thanks,,, Thats what i was wondering if i should include a will call price in the contract to cover this if they should call for extra plowings. i was figuringaround $80 per call.