1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to do with ATV/UTV off season

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by gottaluvplows, Dec 15, 2009.

1. gottaluvplows

gottaluvplows Senior Member

Ok well i need to buy a Atv/ UTV for sidewalks but i hate to do that because i dont know what i would use it for in the off season What do you guys do???(besides go hunting or off roading)

2. WeDoSnowplowing

WeDoSnowplowing Senior Member

I have seen some when I was hunting. An easy way to drag deer. Some just went for a ride on ATV paths (off roading). We have those around here. Link below is where some are:
    http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/allegheny

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Durring the summer I only use my ATV to go trail riding. But some of my freinds use theres to haul out fire wood.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Buy a snowblower instead....less money to let sit around

5. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

we use ours for discing/planting/mowing food plots, spreading seed, hauling tree stands around and whatever else needs to be done around deer camp

6. Bad thing about. Some snow blower does NOT like wet & heavy snow keeps plugging up. So far around here that what we been getting 2 to 6 of wet & heavy snow. Spent more time unplugging it then snow blowing. Good think I charge by the 30 minutes rate for snowblowing From $12.00 with customer's snow blower & INSURANCES to $45.00 with my INSURANCES & snow blower. Most driveway I snow blow are made of stone. Most of the time the snowblower will throw a stone or 2. Insurances is incase the stone goes thur a window or something. So far 95% customers have there own equipment & insurances.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009