1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to do when you can't sleep because you see snow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by McGaw, Nov 19, 2008.

1. McGaw

McGaw Senior Member

11:30 and can't sleep. Get up and look outside it's snowing:D
    Looks to be coming down pretty hard and steady. Weather network says 1-3cm overnight. But it'll be more. How often are they right anyways?:p

How often do you guys wake up, see snow, and not be able to sleep? It happens to me almost everytime lol What do you do when this happens?

P.S. In the time it's taken me to write this (10 min.) the snow has covered the driveway, and already has a good 3-4 cm.

Can't wait for another few hours. haha

I hope I'm not the only one:blush2:
  2. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Yeah, me too, I'll try to get to sleep early for a few hours before I go out, but I can't sleep. In past years, we've plowed mainly at the end of the storm, so figuring the best time to start is always tough.
  3. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Hey Guys, the more accounts the worse the sleep loss gets....... been there and done that....

When I wake up and it is snowing I normally wait for close to trigger and then head out....

Won't be able to sleep with snow falling..

4. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

I usually go out and plow the snow.....
  5. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

yep that or plow and shovel my own drive and walks
  6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

You'll outgrow it. You'll soon be able to pass out the second your head hits the pillow, snow or not.:dizzy:
  7. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

What are "cm"'s??
  8. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

9. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Jeez, we dont have those things here in Mass.....You in Iowa??
  10. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Um, yeah I think you do 2.54 cm is 1 inch. Original poster is from Canada and they use the metric system, but I bet those dumb folks up nordh know convervisions eh? I beleive it is taught here in school as well. Must be just a Canada and midwest thing.
  11. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

i sleep 9 to 12, up at 12 to check lots, if there's nothing ill sleep from 2 to 3:30 adn then wake up again to check for slating purposes.
  12. Get Plowed AK

Get Plowed AK Member

Yeah, if its snowin i have a hard time sleepin. Snow Fever!
  13. McGaw

McGaw Senior Member

Always with the measurements...

I personally like inches better. I'm not saying Canada is right.
  14. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Snowing 2 inches or less I roll over. Never a problem to take a nap before I head out.
  15. McGaw

McGaw Senior Member

We just had 76 inches in the north end of the city over night. Supposed to have another 15 tonight. Just started falling.
  16. Indy

Indy Senior Member

17. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

start a thread on somthing dumb duuuh
  18. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

According to your profile your are still 16 years old. Are you driving a truck or just snowblowing? Just curious.

To answer your question, I try to get some sleep, but if I wake up forget about it no going back to sleep for me. I just wait for my trigger and go out.
  19. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

yeh no kidding. I worry about not being able to wake up and over sleeping. I can sleep right through an alarm clock.
  20. McGaw

McGaw Senior Member

Young Pup
    Yes I'm 16. I do have 8 of my own contracts with clients (3 before 7 a.m.), 2 with salting. I use the snowblower for those. Next winter I'm hopefully going to get a quad and plow with it. I also work for a company in the city here, where I operate a kubota

I just finished a 14 hour day and I'm beat.