1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to do when not plowing?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CTPlow, Jan 28, 2005.

1. CTPlow

CTPlow Member

I'm sure this question has been asked a few times over the years but I was curious as to what you all do during the winter when not snow plowing??

This is my second year of plowing and it is all I do during the winter months.

2003 F350 Meyer II EZ Mount
  2. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

In the winter I am a full time plow guy, when it doesn't snow I sit in a recliner all day, drinkin beer, smoking cigars and watching ESPN in my unerwear. :eek:

This season I've spent a lot of time on working up new contracts and a customer information sheet for next season. I tinker with the trucks (maintance and repair), do a little prospecting, and try to come up with ideas to expand my business for next season. I'm just beginning to get some maintance issues and other things out of the way for my summer business, street vending. That usually begins mid March. In between theres always something to do to this old house :rolleyes:
  3. Buckeye Chuck

Buckeye Chuck Senior Member

I get my winter projects done on my Harley and the house. In that order. :)