1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to do to get ready for plow season?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Ericjr16, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Ericjr16

Ericjr16 Member

Hi all,hope you all had a good summer. I was wondering how everyone is getting ready for plow time? Do you guys change your plow fluid like engine oil?? I was thinking about it lately as this is only my second season! I moved my plow out of the storage area,and hope to have a garage up by winter. It worked fine and I checked all functions before taking it off again.
    Thanks guys!

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We get ours serviced every season. In fact I'm late getting them there this year, going over Monday night. Thats about all we do pre season and fix what needs fixed. As far as post season, we just do a good wash down, spray with Fluid Film and cover up.

3. ggb6259

ggb6259 Senior Member
    from SW MI

I'm starting to think about winter 2010 ~ 2011. My MD75 is sitting in my buds garage where she spent the summer.. I gave it a good bath before storage but that was about it... Only plowed with it a dozen times before the winter was gone so the question is do I really need to change fluids or have any real maintenance done before getting her on the truck.

What about the electrical connectors etc.. lube them etc? Fluid Film (which I just heard about here) etc etc...

Thanks

gb

4. PatrickC

PatrickC Senior Member

Buy coffee lots of coffee