1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what to do? skid or truck to do drives or lots?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by trqjnky, Nov 2, 2011.

1. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

Ok, I have a school lot to do and a bout 8 driveways in a small town of 1500doing people. About 3 blocks long.

Now, I will have a truck and a skid doing them. My question is, do you send the truck to go do the drives since its faster traveling, or the skidloader, but its only a single speed skid. Even going 2 blocks is slooow at 6 mphto get from my shop to the school
  2. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

cant the truck do both?
  3. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

truck will do both, i think i have it figured out. the town is essentially split into the east end and west end, with the schools being middle ground.

if i have the skid help with the big high school lot for a while then bail to do the elementry school lot by itself, then when done with the school, have the skid do the driveways on the west end of town and the truck do the drives on the east end of town. just getting everything sorted out to have equipment where it needs to be for the amount of time it needs to be there will just take a time or two. this will be my first year plowing with a skid, so im not sure how much its going to get done or how fast.