1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to do now?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by kolkie05, Aug 28, 2010.

1. kolkie05

kolkie05 Senior Member
    from Chicago

Guy's,

I sent out renewal letters early August telling my customers that if they renewed by September 1st we would lock in pricing from last year for them. We stressed the importance of early sign up otherwise we would be increasing the price by 10% for the season.

My initial goal was to lock in as many customers ahead of time but it turns out only 2 of 20 have sent in they're signed contracts.

Now what? I'm sure i'll get the old " I never got the letter" because they were too lazy or didn't care enough since it was not cold yet. So do I increase the prices for these people or honor what they had?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Bump it up. That's what the letter was for.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Call them if you can get through. They've been using the phone to get new bids.

4. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Don't worry you will here from most of them around november.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If they "lost the contract" they will never know they could have saved money. If they argue they could have it done cheaper if they had signed the first contract then they understood the terms just didn't want to abide by them and are using a lost contract as an excuse. If they truly wanted to take advantage of the early discounts but had lost the contract they have called before the deadline date to assure the pricing.

In the meantime treat them like they are not going to sign and sign up new customers at your new rate. You can replace the customers that call at the last moment wanting the early bird rate with your new higher paying customers.

Then there is the matter of; if they wait to the last minute they will not be in as good a position to argue price

6. grandview

Exactly like what I said ,but with less words!:D

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Excuse my didactics:cool:

8. kolkie05

kolkie05 Senior Member
    from Chicago

All good information! thanks guys!

So do I contact them again say November or wait for them to contact me? I'm not a newbie just never approached the "early" contract signing before.

9. grandview

Stop pulling your hair out. Make some calls this weekend and offer up the discount ,good till you hang up the phone.