1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to check for on old Unimount that has been sitting?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dieseldirt, Sep 4, 2013.

1. dieseldirt

dieseldirt Junior Member
    from vermont

Trying to find a cheap plow to do one driveway with. 1 ton diesel already setup for a Unimount.

Found a 7'6" Lightweight that's been sitting for "years" but the blade, cutting edge, wiring etc all in good shape.

The bad:
    A-frame is sloppy. Needs cylinders (rusted and leaky) and hoses (cracked). Does not sound like the fluid has been checked or changed in a very long time.

Now I would prefer a Pro-plow but this thing is CHEAP and I am wondering what else I should check for before buying?

(Assuming the plow functions strong, I have not put it on my truck and tested it out yet)

Thanks!

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well the A frame is a fab job. Cylinders aren't that costly. But what about the pump and such? I would try it out if you can

3. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

if the price is right everthing else is relatively cheap if it's old it may need a new pump and or motor

4. dieseldirt

dieseldirt Junior Member
    from vermont

Thanks for the replies.. Ended up passing on that one, seemed too far gone. I was looking for a bigger plow anyway.