1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to charge?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by butch74, Oct 25, 2001.

1. butch74

butch74 Junior Member

First thanks for taking the time to help out the new guys on the block. Situation, I have 7 drives to plow this winter. Most are your basic 2 car garage, say 40 ft by 60 ft. Have been trying to figure out how to charge, by time or snowfall. When clients ask "how am I billed" it would be nice to sound like I know what I am talking about.
    I know answers will vary. I am not out to make alot, just cover were and tear and upgrade when needed.

Thanks for your time,

Butch

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Well around here we get $35 for a two car drive one pass, Some guys do the seasonal thing I always liked to charge for what is done If it's a big storm and we have to do it again we charge again.Some guys have different ways that they charge but I think most charge per push up to so many inches.

3. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

Are you talking about your truck or you. ;)

Your time is worth something also. Unless you are one of those millionaires that drive a plow truck at 4:00am just because you like to.

You should be able to get $25 to $35 per push easy.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

A lot always depends on locality, but 40 feet seems awfully wide for a two car driveway. My driveway is only 20 feet wide and my 1/2 ton and 1 ton can meet on it. A couple of things to figure - Do you need to do any/much backdragging from the garage or other areas? Are there several places to readily stack the snow? For billing, pricing etc, do a search. Lots of posts about those topics to look through.