1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to charge

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by madadam, Dec 18, 2004.

1. madadam

madadam Junior Member

I live in ohio near toledo and I have been plowing for about 2yrs and always charge by the hour. The place I plow has 3 locations and I figure about 2hrs for 2 of them and 1hr for the other could change if we get alot of snow. I've checked around and others charge $50-$70 per hour.
    Should I have a seasonal price?
    Charge by the push?
    Just looking for alittle help, maybe Im not charging enough?

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

How much to charge

You can charge as much as you want I guess (within reason). I usually charge depending on the size of the driveway...roughly 10-20 dollars per driveway and 25-30 dollars for businesses.
  3. DJL

DJL Senior Member

No such thing as charging too much. However, there comes a point were no one will use you if you go past a certain threshold. You can answer your own questions...

If you are charging something that covers ALL your expenses and brings in a PROFIT your company has set, then YES you are charging enough. If the answer is NO then NO you are not charging enough.

As far a seasonal versus per push. You need to answer that for yourself. Perhaps the question should be more along the lines of "What are the pros/cons about seasonal contracts" and "What are the pros/cons about per push contracts". Figure these out, list them and "find out" what fits your company best.