1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to charge per hour for Payloader/Dump truck/skid-loader

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Snow Captain, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Snow Captain

Snow Captain Junior Member
    from MN

We have 2 Cat 966 C's, a Volvo 150D, Volvo 120E and a Bobcat T250 track skid-loader. Located in West Central MN, what should I charge to move snow/pile snow/ load snow ??

Also how much does a guy charge per hour for dumptrucks hauling snow away from lots ??

thank you.

2. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Might make a difference in your hourly rate based on whether you are the contract holder with the client, or you are working as a sub for the primary contractor.

3. Snow Captain

from MN

Contract holder. How much of a difference if your a "sub" ?

4. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Whatever you negotiate with them.

You will need to make a buck or so on it (on your end) if you sub it out.

5. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

in your area, with the quantity of snow you get, it is hard to guess what the rate should be. I would think it'd be in the range of, Loader w/ 1 yard bucket 50-80/hr, loader w/ 3 yd bucket 100-140/hour. 6 yd Dumptruck 50-80 /hr, 22yd dump 70-110 hour. you may be on the low end given the higher quantities in your area.

6. captscottyt

captscottyt Junior Member

That seems a very low here on Long island i get between 250-300 an hour with a skid steer and dont get any complains usually 400 an hour with a loader with a 2 yard bucket

7. Snow Captain

from MN

You need any subs? I will come out to Long Island for the winter for that rate. Have 4 machines with 4 1/2- 5 yard buckets. will even bring the skid and dump trucks if need be.