1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to charge for using ATV's for sidewalks

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by odd1or2even, Sep 26, 2008.

1. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

I have a 03 Honda Rancher 350 with a 48" straight plow and I was wondering what I could charge for doing sidewalks in the suburbs outside of Philadelphia? I was using a 36" Ariens snow blower to control a 2 mile long sidewalk for a local development and I think it took about 8 hours to finish.

Since then I bought a 4 wheeler as a toy, and I'm looking to do more sidewalks, and offer salt as a bonus. I just wanted to know what you all charge (by the mile) or by the hour, but by the hour does not benefit you to do a faster service. Thanks

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I would charge a rate similar to what you would for blowing/shoveling. You are still providing the exact same service, just in a different way. Instead of the blower or the labor of the shovel'er earning the money, the more expensive piece of equipment is now getting paid for. It saves you time, but also cost's you more (in the business sense). It's an operator on a machine IMHO.

3. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Charge the same. And instead of 8 hours you will be done in 15 minutes.