1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to charge for spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Dirtboy953B, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Dirtboy953B

Dirtboy953B Senior Member

I have alway ran my spreader form someone else,I have a few of my own acsount's that have always just plowed no salt or sand...they called me today and wanted salt on some and sand one somemore,I was just wondering what you guy's are charging for spreading,I'm not worried about mat. cost as it proly vary's quite a bite here to there.The mat. will be stored at our shop and I will haul it myself.

2. Deco

Deco Senior Member

how much for a ton down there ?

3. Dirtboy953B

Dirtboy953B Senior Member

I think salt is about $110-120 a ton....it was $150 last year.I have a account at the sand plant and buy alot so my price is good on that,about $5.00 a ton + my hualing

4. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Senior Member

i buy my salt for 75 a ton, and charge 185-215 a ton installed depending on which account (some are 20 tons of salt, some are 1 ton, so i charge what i feel is fair)

if its straight time, ill charge 80 a ton for material, 125 an hr for the spreader time

ive subbed when i was younger, with my spreader & the other guys salt for as low as 85 an hour

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Reading your first post made me freaking dizzy....:dizzy:
    we charge 3 times what our cost is to spread material