1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to charge for snow service?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by alpine692003, Nov 11, 2004.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 Senior Member

Hey guys,

I'm new to snow service.. I have this 24unit complex that I am currently maintaining, (landscaping).. I was wondering, how much would you guys charge for snow service and salting?

I will have 2 people with me tackling this job.. How do you charge for snow service? $100/h for 3 people then the salting/ice is extra of course, but how much?

2. Mowey9

Mowey9 Member
    from Iowa

There is not right answer

The best thing that you can do is do a search and see what you come up with. Read thru and pick out the ones that sound interesting and start reading. Have fun. :)
    Aaron

3. alpine692003

alpine692003 Senior Member

I've been trying to search, but I can't come up with the right search term..

:rolleyes:

4. Mowey9

Mowey9 Member
    from Iowa

Check the similar links on the bottom of this page. Then just jump around checking them after each one.
    Aaron

5. DJL

DJL Senior Member

Perform a search, you'll get loads and loads of info. You might want to go down to your local library or bookstore and purchase a book or two on writing a business plan. You'll learn that you derive your price from YOUR expenses NOT what other people charge or what the going rate is. For instance, you said you were thinking of charging 100 bucks for three people. Well, what if your expenses were 70 an hour. Now you are telling me your going to freeze your but off for 10 bucks an hour (before taxes) at 3am on a sunday morning?

6. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

when you say three people do you mean three trucks? I try to get $100 per hour per truck.