1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to charge for snow plowing in VA?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NINOBROW, Nov 9, 2004.

NINOBROW Junior Member

I new to snow plowing and just wanted to know how to charge. Do I charge by the hour, by the inch, flat rate or what? How do I charge for cleaning the side walks and putting down ice melt? I'll be doing driveways and parkinglots. Like I said I'm new to this type of work and need alot of info on how it's done.

Thanks for any info.
    NINO From Lynchburg, Virginia
  2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Keep reading. Basic rule is charge as much as you can get. Example: This will cost you 200.00 dollars an hour. Customer says no, how about 180.00?
    OK done deal. See. As the old car salesman says" You can allways come down in price but you can never go up"
  3. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

Where are you in VA? Different areas comand different prices...Here in Richmond, a good average is $100/hr plowing and 2-3x price of salt spread.

Sorry, just saw the Lynchburg in your name..Prices might be a bit lower there as it is not a big $$ area, and lots of country folk plow for little to nothing...Hope the best for you! You might look at commercial jobs, or health care facilities, as they must be done and usually demand licenced and insured companies=higher prices
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2004