1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to charge for Residentials in Indy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by oldschoo, Feb 13, 2007.

1. oldschoo

oldschoo Senior Member

I was out today and it was brutal. Especially where the plows had pushed the snow up in front of the drives; there it was like 2 foot of densly packed, super heavy stuff. Makes me wish I had a plow. Maybe next year. For now I just have some shuvels and a helper or two. ( and they don't do near the work I do). But anyway, it's a suck job to shuvel alone!
    I'm not sure if it's like 8 inch avg or more out there, but it's heavy as hell and takes me 2-3 times as long as the last snow we had of 4-5 inches. I was told some plowers charge about $100 for residentials for this storm. What should I charge. $25-30 just doesn't seem worth it. Maybe if I had a big blower or plow. But shuveling this heavy sh#t is brutal on the back! Would anyone say that $40-50 would be reasonable for a 2-car width, 30 ft drive and small walkway? And I was thinking of offering a bit of salting for $3 extra.
    What do u Vetrans think?
    :confused:

2. You can't overcharge in Carmel, Geist, some areas just west of Speedway and others. If you even think you're too cheap....you are.

3. oldschoo

oldschoo Senior Member

yep

U r probably right!