1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to charge for 3 McDonald's Properties

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by pinnaclesnow, Sep 30, 2011.

1. pinnaclesnow

pinnaclesnow Junior Member

This is my first thread and I am looking for some advice on a commercial property bid I have. I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and I have been approached to bid on three McDonald's Properties all within close range of each other. I do not have the square footage of them but I have over head pics of all the properties. I am wondering what I should charge per push for each property and what a monthly contract price would be in general. I have already put a bid in and the owner came back saying it was way higher then the other bid. he gave me the price for the other bid and I can not even come close, never mind even making a profit, am I way off or is this other company going to be losing money this winter. I will tell the prices later on because I don't want the prices I give to affect what people have to say. The going rate per hour is $85/hr to $120/hr. I was coming in low at $90 because there is potential for landscaping in the summer so I really want the contract. any advice would be a big help.

mc1.png

mc2.png

mc3.png

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'd do it for a couple of happy meals;)

3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

1"- 3"........#1 Large Size with a Coke.....

4"- 6"........# 2 Super Size with a Coke and an Apple Pie....

7"- 12"......#1 and #2 Super size with a Coke, Apple Pie and a 10 pc. Mcnugget....

I think these prices are in line with the times.....payup....:salute:

4. pinnaclesnow

Unfortunately I am trying to stay away from the happy meals so thats not going to cut it for me....Trying to watch my figure.

5. pinnaclesnow

I still prefer cash :) ..... Does anyone have any real suggestions??

6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Are these corporate or franchise?

7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Post the price already, I'm dying to know how little it's going for.

8. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

It seems like you already answered the question for yourself. You can not do the job and make money. Don't do it. So there is potential for landscaping in the Summer..... big deal. They will probably get that at a price where no money can be made either. I'd walk away.

9. pinnaclesnow

well the price they were quoted was $3050/month unlimited removal for all three, the best I would do is double that with a clause saying max of 6 visits/month. Am I far off?

10. Matson Snow

Seems Not to matter.....Mcdonalds = Cheap...Minimal Service....No Salt....:eek:

11. Matson Snow

So, its a $1000 a month per store..Unlimited Plows am i correct????.....How much Snow do you guys get up there????

12. pinnaclesnow

Well the thing is I am very new to this all, I have been landscaping for a while and only did a few commercial snow removal lots last year for extra cash and to keep an employee busy over the winter, now i'm in it full time for the winter and I have never done a job like this before. The owner needs snow removed once three inches has fallen and might need to be done during the day and again at night on some cases. And for the landscaping it will be a three year project and it is for all three properties along with maintenance, and the owner also needs his 1/2 acre residential torn out and redone. so it would be nice to get the landscaping jobs.

13. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Why do you want to subsidize one season with another?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  14. JDiepstra

Seems like you answered part of your own question Matson Snow.

15. pinnaclesnow

Ya, basically $1000/month per store...unlimited. snowfall varies greatly, last year we had close to record snow fall with 35 inches in January alone. normal year I would say we get anyway from 4-7 days per month where snow would have to be plowed, but we have crazy weather up here and some years doesn't snow until christmas, others early october. it has even snowed in August before.

Definitely needs salt, service is important, big liability risk cause they are so busy.

16. JDiepstra

I am sure the prospect these landscaping jobs is tempting but I would not do work at a loss in hopes of getting some other work. There is no promise you will get those jobs or that they will even happen. People often have big ideas but don't always follow through with them.

17. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

For how many months?

18. pinnaclesnow

Not necessarily, im just figuring if I can lock up the snow contracts, gives me much better chance at getting landscaping jobs.

19. pinnaclesnow

very true, Im just unsure if I am over estimating the time to complete the snow removal jobs, maybe thats where I'm over, but I really don't think so.

11 hrs to complete all three, plus drive time and load/unload time. is that far off??

20. Matson Snow

Needing Salt and Them willing to pay for Salt are Very Different things....