1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what to charge an hour for atv?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Case 445, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Case 445

Case 445 Junior Member
    from Iowa

Need some help. The city whats me to do the sidewalks in front of business because i have a poly cutting edge on my v force blade. We have brick in front of the buildings and the sidewalks are about 10ft wide with trees and flag poles by the curb. No idea what to charge for it. I think the best way is by the hr because it will drift on the one side pretty good. I do about 5 of the business now but they want me to do all of them. I have been charging between $25 and $30 a business for the 5 i do now. There is pry about 4 blocks of business on both sides.
  2. bullseye

bullseye Member

I find it easier to charge per time...verses by the hour. On heavy days you might not be making as good as the lighter days but it usually works out. Customers usually prefer it too cause they know what it is going to cost them up front !! BUT if they truely want by the hour ...... I would think $40- $50/hr at least. (I can make better than that by the job)
  3. ajcoop20

ajcoop20 Senior Member

we get 48/hr for the city here
  4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I charge 4 times of what the rider is making
  5. Case 445

Case 445 Junior Member
    from Iowa

ajcoop20 Do you do sidewalks and what do you use for a blade? I have a Arctic Cat 650 with a cycle country 60in v plow. Was thinking about getting a Arctic Cat Prowler so i would have a cab and heat. Just don't know how it would do on smaller sidewalks