1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What to buy

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Arloslawn, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

I have a 1990 2500 and want a 7.5 new plow. What would be the cheapest commercial type plow.

I was considering Snowdogg, Western, really anything.
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

truck that big trust me 8ft min size you want.

even my 1ton with 8ft at full angle barly clears my tires in a stright line plow.

7.5 would not clear as good.

and names you posted seem to be good plows for the most part.
  3. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

If all your after is a straight blade, then I'd choose a 8'6" for a 3/4 ton.

I'm running a Boss 8'2" V and when the blade is fully angled it doesn't stick out past the body far enough for my liking.
  4. jnich74

jnich74 Junior Member

Think a 2000 Chevy 2500 w. a 9' western ultra mount pro is teh correct size?
    I bought a 2500 last year and it was set up for a Western ultra mount plow. i bought a 9 footer but its sits really low even with the torsion bars maxed out. Any suggestions? Comments? Correct size for this truck? Thanks in advance
  5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

You could try new/stiffer shocks and if you have the dough new bars as well. If not try what everyone else here seems to be in love with...timbrens.