1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what to buy?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dirtmandan2, Dec 25, 2008.

1. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

For next season I want to buy a 81/2 ' vee plow. I have 4 meyers straight blades now. I don't want another meyer only because The local dealer is a jackass. So as far as getting parts i'm told that I can get western, hiniker, and boss parts locally. I like my meyers because I know them pretty well and I know that learning to work on something else is going to be a pita. I'll probably buy used and somewhere around the 3000 dollar range. Knowing that anything that has moving parts will eventually break down which of those 3 is the easiest to work on?
  2. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Boss is what I would get . We have a dealer that seems great . I would look at snow-a-way but we don't have any dealers
  3. toptech72

toptech72 Member
    from 21078

My vote is for Hiniker.
  4. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

BOSS, just because that is all I have ever used.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

im in the same boat thinking western -fisher since the dealer is miles from my house